Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Mts

Can't. Receive emails over wifi network

Hi, I have a blackberry torch 9810 registered with MTS and a data plan. I am away from home and do not want to pay data fees so I turned data to off while roaming. When my device hooks up to a wifi network I can browse Internet, but am not receiving. Any emails. I tried to send one also but no luck Is there some setting I need to make? Thanks in advance for your help. Also curious if text messages canned received over wifi, I don't think so but would like clarification Thanks, sean
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't. Receive emails over wifi network

Hi seanbob11 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

While connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot, go into Manage Connections then to Service Status to see if the BlackBerry Internet Service shows connected.

Also, where are you currently travellng?

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Mts

Thanks for the response. I am currently in mexico, I am using wifi to browse this forum so I know that works. I checked as u said under manage connections-system status, blackberry internet service shows not connected. How do I do this?? I have data set to off while roaming to avoid roaming fees. At top of screen it show a red triangle with telcel-mts-princess riveria (which is the name of wifi network I am on). Thanks in advance for ur help
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

While connected to Wi-Fi, go into Manage Connections then Service Status. Does it show that the BlackBerry Internet Service is connected via Wi-Fi?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!