Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Can't Unhide Folders/Files!!

I inadvertently hid some media folders, including some photos, videos, ringtones, and documents, and now can't get them back... I tried Media/Explore/Show All/Properties, but the "Unhide" checkbox is grayed out.

Does anyone know why this is grayed out and how to access it so I can get my media back???

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Can't Unhide Folders/Files!!

I have a similar issue with some folders, but I can see them they are just "grayed out" - I can still access them though...

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

on your main "all" screen, hit the blackberry key and see if "show all" is checked. If not, touch that and see if your missing stuff appears.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

From your home screen go into Applications, files, file folders, media card, BlackBerry now from here just press the BlackBerry button and from the drop down menu that pops up select 'show hidden' .from here you should be able to see all your missing files but you still need to highlight the file then press the BlackBerry button which will bring up the drop down menu again this time select 'properties' and unselect 'hidden' this should prettymuch do the trick.
My Carrier: AT&T

This didn't work because the "Hidden" toggle was grayed out (as stated in my original post).  It turned out that an application I had installed (App Lock) had changed the file extension names on the folders I asked it to lock, so I had to go back through that app to unhide them.

All set now - thanks!

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

RLC3780 wrote:

This didn't work because the "Hidden" toggle was grayed out (as stated in my original post).  It turned out that an application I had installed (App Lock) had changed the file extension names on the folders I asked it to lock, so I had to go back through that app to unhide them.

All set now - thanks!

Interesting, this is not the first time I've read about App Lock causing issues. I'll have to remember this. Thanks for this post.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

Hey! Ive tried this, however the blackberry file is the one that is hidden.  it only shows up if i press show hidden files.... and when i go to properties of the file, the box to click that will unhide this file is grayed out and i can't click it! please help!!!

My Device: BLACKBERRY 9800
My Carrier: TELCEL

I resolved this problem.  With my BB connected to the PC, in Windows, I made a new folder named Balckberry1, then I copied all contents from the original Blackberry folder to my new Balckberry1 folder, later I deleted Blackberry original folder and I rename Blackberry1 folder to "Blackberry"..... then I restart my Blackberry and I could see all my pictures, videos, etc.