Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Can't access Email Set-up

i c!!

okay. now i do understand. thank u very much! :Yes:

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800

i c!!

okay. now i do understand. thank u very much! 

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380

I am in South Africa on Vodacom and I have the same problem.
Solutions: 6,074
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TAC_CIO wrote:
I am in South Africa on Vodacom and I have the same problem.

What problem?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Tortch 9810

Same problem, here.  New 9810 Torch, but nothing happens when I try to select Internet Email.  Enterprise selection works, but I don't use that.  I understand the "contact your provider" part, and I plan to do just that if there is nothing else that I can do.  So has it been established that whatever is blocking my ability to set up internet (hotmail, gmail, etc.) is the result of something that I cannot access and adjust?

MacklehatMerffy, of course you're posting in a three year old thread.

On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Tortch 9810

Thank you for your response on this issue.  Yes, old thread.  I thought it fitting since I'm relatively addicted to these non-phablet type phones.  I heart Torch phones.  Old phone, old thread.  Probably also an old problem.

Anyway, the Service Status is (near) identical to the status on my old 9800 Torch (which still works fine.  I've been swapping the SIM card back and forth.  SIM card goes into the new 9810 when I feel like tinkering w/it, but then when tinkering is done, SiIM card goes back into the old 9800, since it still works 100% with regard to email receipt, etc., so that's the one I have to keep using until the email issue on the 9810 goes away.)

Torch 9810 Service Status details (I thought maybe I'd just relate all the Service Ststus, including the BIS).

Mobile Voice

Phone number: 1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx (actual number omited, obviously)

Connection:  Mobile Network

Blackberry Internet Service

Connection: Mobile Network

Blackberry Enterprise Server

Connection:  Not Connected

Mobile Network

Coverage:  H+ (I've never seen this on my old 9800.  It usually says 3G only... sometimes EDGE)

Provider:  AT&T

Wi-Fi:  Not Connected

Bluetooth:  Not Connected

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Thrilled to find that someone revived a 3 yr old post, right when I am having a similar email setup issue...

I had a Torch 9810 - it died before I can get the Passport.  Carrier is AT&T - who doesn't offer much in the way of BB anymore, so I bought another Torch online to carry me over until I can get a Passport.

Torch 9800 is Rogers OEM software.  I put in the AT&T sim - it works fine for calls and texting (since Nov 2014), and because I backed up/restored to new 9800 - my 3 email accounts were there but not working.  I tried to go to email setup - it requires a login.  When I entered my BB ID (or what I thought was my ID) - I get the error that the User name is invalid, must be more than 4 characters.  On one of my attempts to get help through AT&T - the gal said they had sent the service books, but when I try to do the update, I get the message that I have the most current updates.  So it won't load from the Desktop Manager.

Finally - I figure I'll just wipe the data again and just set up a new email account (I happen to coincidentally have a new email address and don't need the old email accounts) - but it still wants me to log in with User name, I get the same error - invalid User name.  If I put in my first BB ID user name w/forgot password, it says it sent password to the device - but no message appears.  When the data wipe resets - the message says it's registering with Rogers.  AT&T tells me it's a Blackberry issue and I have to go to Blackberry - everything I've read online says I need AT&T to reset User name - I've tried 4 times to get AT&T to reset User name - they send me to Blackberry.  I'm so frustrated, after 10 years I'm ready to ditch both AT&T and Blackberry altogether.  (Why shell out $650 for a new phone no one will help me set up??  Sorry - just venting.)

@MacklehatMerffy  if ATT is your mobile provider, try your BIS login at this site for AT&T

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Login and there you can setup your email as well check on under the Help section to Resend or Send Service Books.

Knowledge Base Updates

mjjepsen wrote:

Thrilled to find that someone revived a 3 yr old post, right when I am having a similar email setup issue...

@mjjepsentry the very same link for your email setup and to push the service books.

ALSO, it sounds like that device may need the BBID setup, at your Options > BlackBerryID.

What do you have there now?

Knowledge Base Updates