Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: KPN

Can't add or delete apps and languages through desktop manager

Hi,

Last week I did a device software update, I am currently running OS 6.0, Bundle 2949. First of all, my Twitter and Facebook Apps were downgraded to versions from when I was still using my BB Bold. 

More annoyingly, I lost some languages on my device. I had Spanish, French, Italian, German, English and Dutch. Since the update I have Russian, Greek, Dutch and English (US and UK), but I cannot add or delete any of these through desktop manager. I tried deleting and adding in the same update sequence. I tried deleting only, then I tried adding only, and every time I get an error saying the action (or update) "could not be validated due to unsatisfied dependencies."

So then I tried deleting a regular app, thinking maybe there was an "unsatisfied dependency" in an app. Same error, and nothing happened. And the same again with a different app. 

I would really like to have at least German, English and Dutch on my BB. This is quite frustrating, as there are little quirks everytime I do a device software update.

Your help is much appreciated!

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't add or delete apps and languages through desktop manager

Hello Sasacsiul,

Please navigate to your carriers website and dowload the software to install on your computer: http://bbry.lv/cp57Eb

Then I would repeat the process.Let us know how it turns out.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi DrP

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the software from the link you gave me and tried again. After that I connected my BB and tried again through the desktop manager, but the same notification:

"BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.

Aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies."

I checked for updates of the desktop software, but it's up to date: Version 2.2.1 (build 7)

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi,

Sorry, I don't get past step 3. The file won't open...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try downloading it one more time, once in a while the download stop and it corrupts

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

which program do I need to open the file? my mac is trying to open with an unarchiving or unzip program, but that doesn't work with a .exe file, apparently.

Guru III
My Device:

need a PC, not a mac

With the release of BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac came the option to update software.

KB19150 will show you how to get started.

New Contributor

i went through the steps on a pc, and actually, my desktop manager on mac gives me more options than the "loader" on the pc. there is no option for me to add or delete languages on my bb, just apps. i tried again on my mac this morning and i still get the "dependencies" error when i want to add the german language. i'm not even trying to delete anything anymore....

Guru III
My Device:

I hope a mac user will chime in to assist.