Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sasacsiul
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Can't add or delete apps and languages through desktop manager

now my bb is randomly rebooting. it has done it a few times while in the holster at night (in bedside mode, but also in the daytime) a few times when it was just laying on my desk. i am getting quite frustrated with this and not very inclined to do any updates of software at all anymore in the future because it just seems like RIM doesn't quite master this art. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

older apps can be more buggy than the new ones

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasacsiul

thanks.

i think i may have found the app that caused my bb to crash, notified the developer and removed it until they come with an update.

in the meantime, i still cannot add german to my languages, even after removing certain apps. i still need a solution for this, so anyone who can help, i'd be very grateful!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sasacsiul

Is there anyone who can help? This is highly irritating. This problem has been on the boards since november last year...

In summary again:

There is no way I can add or delete ANY apps through the desktop software, only on BB Appworld on my device. Unfortunately, the only thing I cannot add on my device is languages, which is exactly what I DO need. 

Please use plain text.
professional10000
My Device: Curve - 9360

When you go on Desktop Software, and go to applications, what do you see? A friend of mine had the same issue a while back. He basically could not see the '+' or 'x' sign besides the appications. If that is so, then you need to simply reduce the width of one or more of the columns that you see in the window (Application name, size etc.) and expand the final column header (status)

Please use plain text.