Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
evitaparties
My Device: Torch 9850

Can't connect to the internet at all

[ Edited ]

I have the Torch 9850. I cant connect to any of the Blackberyy services. No Emails, no bbm and no internet while roaming. Ive spent two ours on th ephone with TMobile and they cant fix it.

This phone is now completely useless to me since im always roaming.

Does anyone know how to fix it? 

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Can't connect to the internet at all

Let's get some of the preliminary questions out of the way.  They might seem absurd but we have to make sure we cover all bases.

First, do you have a proper BlackBerry data plan (BIS) on your phone?  Everything that you're not getting requires BIS, so please make sure it's in place.

Next, if you have BIS activated on your SIM card, have you registered your phone on the network?  Here's how to do that:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510

After that, resend the service books to your phone by following this procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Finally, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

I imagine if T-Mobile couldn't help you, you probably have BIS, otherwise they would be able to help you.

If they aren't being much help, you can call them back and request to have your issue escalated directly to RIM free of charge to you.  This is an option when your carrier can't resolve your issue.  If, for any reason, they are unwilling or unable to escalate it, ask to have your phone replaced with another one.  If you choose this course of action, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software first.

Please keep us posted.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
evitaparties
My Device: Torch 9850

First of all. Thanks for the reply.

"A BlackBerry Registration message should appear in the Messages folder when the device registers." - This never happened after several attempts  over 2 days.

Tmobile offered to escalate to RIM. However though I bought the phone brand new, it was off Craigs List so Tmobile wont replace it.

I'll continue with escalation to RIM, hopefully they can fix it otherwise the phone is going into the trash. 

New Contributor
fperns
My Device: torch 9850

[ Edited ]

evitaparties,

first of all, i am with tmobile also. and just as how u acquired your torch 9850, was how i acquired mine too (mine is a sprint brand)...thru craigslist.  your problem must have already been resolved, but for those who may happen to read  this thread with the same problem..like i did, this is the best and easiest solution ever:

you must have an active blackberry plan with your  provider (in my case...tmobile) and your torch 9850 should have already been UNLOCKED

the next one is the most difficult part of the procedure...

you must find someone with a blackberry device (in your case, with an OS 7 or OS 7.1) AND MUST BE A TMOBILE BRAND device. i found someone with a blackberry bold 9900 tmobile brand

and the reason for that is the next step...both devices, torch 9850 and bold 9900 can ......

PERFORM 'DEVICE SWITCH'. 

device switch ---go to "setup" and just select "device switch" from the menu

and follow the prompt!!

note**  YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MEMORY CARD  INSERTED(micro sdcard) TO PERFORM THE SWITCH.

this torch 9850 is  a very nice piece of device, i tell you...

I HOPE THIS HELPS... i have figured this out by myself and it took me more than 4 months.

it shud work for you too. goodluck.

let us know how you did...:smileyhappy:

Contributor
twistedpup
My Device: storm 9530

Is that the only way? I love my 9850 but I'm so ready to trash it. I cant find one person with a blackberry like mine.

Please Help I dont want to leave blackberry or tmobile but somethings got to give.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

twistedpup wrote:

Is that the only way? I love my 9850 but I'm so ready to trash it. I cant find one person with a blackberry like mine.

Please Help I dont want to leave blackberry or tmobile but somethings got to give.

Here:  Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile

Follow the very specific instructions in the initial post in that thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code