Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Can't determine icon

In the status bar in which icons such as new BBM message or calendar alert, I currently have a number 1 with a Wi-Fi icon next to it. I have searched the online manual and it shows me every icon but this one. Usually, when you tap on said status bar, a list of alert drops down. Any and all icons that have appeared show me why they are there, e.g.: new email from Buddy, new BBM from Marco. This particular icon shows nothing. Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't determine icon

Hi and welcome tot he forums!

Do you see the icon here?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

No, unfortunately. Unlike the Wi-Fi icon on that page, my icon appears as a dot with waves above it. It appears as though I have a message from my Wi-Fi, which doesn't make any sense. And when you tap on the icon, it doesn't appear on the list.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Have you installed any apps that would have a notification like this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

I wouldn't believe so. This is the first time I see this icon, and I've had my phone since the beginning of the year. The grand majority of the apps I have are games.
Forums Veteran I

Well, that would be the first place to start......checking through any apps/games you might have.

Also, open a Messages folder, press the BB menu button then scroll to View Folder and select that.  Scroll down through all the folders and see if the offending message isn't hiding in there somewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Guru I

Hurry answer the phone!!!! :Oops:

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

The Wi-Fi icon I have is a single dot with up to three waves pointing up. A little different then that app, which I do not have. I just checked my list, and I don't think any of my applications would cause this.
Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

You said you "don't think" any of your apps would do this, but the only way to know for sure is to check them all and look in all the folders as I recommended.

Guru I

Hi,

Here is a free app that takes a screen shot from your device so you can post it here. Capture It Download

Thanks,

Bifocals

And don't forget to get it that screen nice and clean.

:smileyvery-happy: