Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
gcarm0e
My Device: torch

Can't get "suretype" to stay on

When I am texting or sending a BBM I have to reset my touch screen to "suretype" every time. I have a torch 9800 and prefer to use a reduced keyboard in portrait and suretype is much easier to use. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't get "suretype" to stay on

I've heard of something similar happening to someone else before. Try doing a battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. Does this help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gcarm0e
My Device: torch

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately this doesn't help all.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If this doesn't help, then there may be something else at play. What OS version are you running on your phone? To get this info, go to Options > Device > About Device Versions. Its the number listed after the v (e.g. 6.0.0.526). I'll check to see if this issue has been reported for others on the same OS, or will see if there is an OS upgrade that is available that may help.

Alternately, you can reload the software on your device. To do this, follow the steps in the following link and assuming that the problem is a software issue (which I expect it to be), this will get you back up and running:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Good luck and keep us posted!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Diggz
My Device: Torch 9800

I'm having the exact same issue. Although when I try to go through the loader process, I'm only able to delete the application data, I don't have the option to check the second box to delete everything.
Please use plain text.