Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
andresp
My Device: Not Specified

Can't login BB App World after switching to Torch...

Loved my trusty Bold9000 for ages, that is, until I tried the Torch.  Blackberry OS6 is right on the mark.  I'm in love! :smileytongue:

Only trouble I have encountered is with Blackberry App World (bbaw).  None of my paid apps (advertised as Torch compatible) are listed anymore.  Everytime I try to login I get this message:

"Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your connections and try again."

I have gone through every suggestion posted elsewhere: Upgrading bbaw, reinstallling bbaw (even diff languages), batt pulls, resend service books ad nauseum, delete ippp service books, restore from a backup, wipe clean the device and start all over again, check my paypal account, confirm there's a valid credit card, bla bla bla.

Everything worked fine on my old Bold9000. This all started as I transfered all my stuff to a new Torch.

So I'm curious if this is a Torch specific problem.

Anyone?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Can't login BB App World after switching to Torch...

I've seen that message off and on in AppWorld.  Usually I try a few times and it finally goes through.  Did you have appworld 2.0 with the BB ID on the Bold?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
andresp
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't login BB App World after switching to Torch...

I suspect you hit the nail in the head.  I was using the old bbaw (no Blackberry ID) with the Bold9000.  As you now point out, I did switched to the Torch and transfered my data using latest desktop manager (which worked smoothly).  When I then tried to access bbaw, it requested me to create a Blackberry ID which I did, using my Paypal email address.  Then all went boink from then on. 

I'm betting it has to do with creating a Blackberry ID that points to an active Paypal account while switching devices (changing PIN).

It wouldn't be an issue if it were not for the fact I have PAID FOR apps I need to continue using and now can't access nor buy again because I can't even login.

Only solution I know of is to buy the apps again using Crackberry's mobihand.