Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

incredigirl1101
My Device: Torch

Can't move songs within my playlists

Tried to move songs within my playlists, but menu button is not working. I just bought the phone 2 weeks ago, never dropped it and the botton works fine in other apps. I took out the battery, but it still doesnt work.

New Contributor
blacksunXL
My Device: Blackberry Torch - 9800

Re: Can't move songs within my playlists

Having the same problem. Stumbled into your post when I was looking for an answer. No option menu coming up for playlist songs - only way I've been able to remove songs from playlist is to delete them, which removes them from the phone.

Instructions listed in help file not helping since not able to pull option menu list for playlist songs. Anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

New Contributor
goodwin100
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Can't remove songs within my playlists

I've recently got my phone and created a playlist. I accidentally added a track that's a language lesson to a song list and when I follow the instructions to delete it (highlight it, press bb button and select remove) I don't even get the BB button working at that stage.

New Contributor
sharon11s

I experienced the same problem with the menu button not working when trying to remove a song from a playlist.  I did come up with a work around though.  Remove the song from your phone, then proceed to delete the song from the playlist.  Note: the menu button will work when trying to remove songs from a playlist which have been deleted from your phone.  Then, if you still want that song on your phone, but not in the playlist, add the song back onto your phone. 

Contributor
Luvchyle
My Device: BB Torch 9800

There is another workround. if you play the song within the playlist, then switch to "now playing" the menu button works there and you can delete the song, however it would be deleted from your phone and not just the playlist. after that like you said you can remove the deleted song from your playlist, which is rather stupid. why cant i remove songs from a playlist i created? hmmm maybe with the next update RIM sends out it would fix that.

New Contributor
goodwin100

Thanks for these posts. I actually got frustrated and installed the pc software created all the playlists in WMP and then re-synched the whole device - obviously this worked but it's not practical. 

Since then I have tried the alternative workaround to play the song, delete it then remove from playlist and that does work - thanks!

sanjsnc
My Device: Not Specified

I found out a way to remove them. All you have to do is just highlight the song you want to delete and press the delete button with the <- arrow on it on the keypad and it'll say "remove song from playlist?" And you'll just press ok.
New Contributor
sharon11s

Much easier than my solution...thanks!

New Contributor
myswede
My Device: bold 9000

have you found a solution yet?  the same problem is driving me crazy.

It did work on my Torch when I bought it, but not in the last month or so.  the appropriate dropdown menu works, perhaps once every 50 trys.

Contributor
sensaki
My Device: torch

Having that same issue here. Did any 1 find a solution yet? I once was able to do all that and had no problems until my phone was stuck in a reboot loop and I had to reload my whole OS.