Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
fraserneil1979
My Carrier: o2

Can't open my Email accounts section on the setup menu

I've changed my password on my email account through my laptop and for some reason I can't open the email accounts section of the setup menu on my Blackberry torch in order to update my account details.  Does anyone know why this would be? All other areas of the setup menu are working perfectly

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Re: Can't open my Email accounts section on the setup menu

Go to this link from your phone:  mobile.blackberry.com
On that page, Scroll to Communicate, click on Email, choose email account you want to work with.  Update the information from there.

My Carrier: Bell

I can't open my email accounts on setup. It seems to be locked. I tried to go to www.mobile.blackberry.com, Select Canada as per another poster's advice on another thread. The problem is there is NO COMMUNICATE that pops up!

My blackberry is asking for a password reset as my service provider's server was down for several hours yesterday. I am unable to get my messages until I can reset my password on the setup, which will not let me access it no matter how many times I try to.

PLEASE H-E-L-P! Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MAP-PROF
My Carrier: Bell

FOUND THE SOLUTION to be able to open my email setup - downloaded the email setup application and it worked beautifully. I was able to revalidate my email account.

Note: The following workaround is intended only for BlackBerry 6 smartphones using a BlackBerry Internet Service data plan. (To determine the operating system version, select Options > Device > About Device Versions.)

Download and install the BlackBerry® Internet Service Email Accounts/Setup application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry smartphone: http://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/

In the above URL, the E and the C in EmailClient are case sensitive.

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier name, e.g. (Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile). It may be necessary to contact the carrier to obtain the value for <brand> in the URL as this will vary.

Please contact the wireless service provider should the issue persist.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Another solution is to type www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser.  It will work the same as going to your carrier's BIS site, which was suggested earlier in this thread.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
BenLelis
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

This has been a long time problem for me. But yes getting the [Email Setup] application solves it.

Another way of getting it is downloading the Blackberry Desktop Application downloaded to your computer. Just do a search on Google for the software. With it you can sync your Blackberry with your computer. In the applications tab you can install the [Email Setup] application. Install it and you're all set.

Please use plain text.