Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ggaltero
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Personal (Argentina)

Can't receive BB service

On September 15, 2011, my parents legally bought me an unlocked BlackBerry Torch 9810 at J&R, New York, USA.

I've got the ticket and can scan it as proof of purchase.

We live in Argentina. I've been using it since then as a regular cell phone. Some days ago, I contacted my local carrier (Personal) in order to add the BlackBerry Professional Service and so be able to use all the features. After many attempts, I was told that it is impossible to enable the BB data service because the device appears reported as stolen by BlackBerry and so it has been suspended, and so I was told to contact the sales point in order to find a solution, but they are not providing me any solution.

I tried contacting Rogers, which is the carrier whose logo appears on the phone when I turn it on and off, but had no luck because I was not their client, and their support is only for clients (how can I be a client if they don't provide services in my country?).

Any ideas of how can this problem be solved? Whom should I contact?

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't receive BB service

If a device has been blacklisted by RIM, you'll have better luck getting world peace than you will getting the phone activated with RIM services.

You've been had by somebody.  Try to get your money back or get another phone.  Those are really your two and only options.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.