Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
riosrx
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Can't remove Icon...

About two days ago, a little envelope icon with the number "1" in front of it appears directly at 12-o'clock underneath the time and day/date, which are stacked in the center of the upper info bar at the top of the screen.  This envelope appears italicized vs. the the total messages indicator in the upper left corner underneath the battery charge indicator.  

I had seen it before and it was some sort of Blackberry message, but I was able to see it in the inbox, but now I am not able to remove it.

Any ideas?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Can't remove Icon...

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

If tanzim's advice is unsuccessful, try this:

Open any e-mail messages folder.  Press the BB menu button and select View Folders.  This opens up a list of folders in which your mystery message might be hiding.  Look through all those folders for the culprit.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
riosrx

Thanks for your response, but this did not work.

Contributor
riosrx

Thank you, this fixed the problem.

I knew it was a Blackberry message, it was an app message, I just was not able to find it.

Thanks a lot.