03-08-2013 10:13 AM
Welcome to the forums.
In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry® smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.
Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/oPVWXc
Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.
Once completed test it and proceed with a selective restore, here is how to restore http://bbry.lv/qgQxLo
03-10-2013 03:13 PM
Thank you for uor answer.
I followed your indication but when I select Update... in the Device tab, I just get a pop-up with "there are no BB device software updates available" and I have no chance to update and or reload anything...
So I'm still stuck with the same issue...
Sorry, another suggestion ?...
03-10-2013 06:42 PM
You might then need to "force" it...the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
03-11-2013 06:34 AM
I followed the process until step 4, downloaded and successfully installed the Vodafone SFR last version :
I deleted one vendor.xml file in the indicated folder
Nevertheless, Step 5 is still unsuccessful...
I started the desktop software and connected my device and... nothing happens !
when I click on Update... I still have the same answer (no updates available)...
Sorry for this, what's next step ?
03-11-2013 09:44 AM
There are several possibilities...
Any of the above could be causal. If all is proper, you actually should not even get as far as you got in step 5...if all is proper, once the Desktop Software is running and the BB is connected, it should automatically offer you the update...you should not even be able to go in as far as you did to click on Update. So something about this OS package is not being recognized as available for your BB.
If item 5 is causal, then you may need to substitute, for step 5 above, this:
Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC.