Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Can't send videos anywhere!

I tried uploading to YouTube.  No dice.  It looks like it's sending the file, it gets to 100% complete, and then it fails with an error 401 - unable to connect to server.

I tried using bluetooth -  I bought a Targus bluetooth adapter for my PC.  I can send stuff to the torch, but I cannot receive anything.  It just sits there at 'sending', but nothing ever happens.  Progress bar doesn't move.

I tried using email - I get an error b/c the 33 mb file is too large to send.

Help!  I have googled the heck out of this to no avail!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT & T

Re: Can't send videos anywhere!

DITTO:  The first 2 times I tried to upload to Youtube it worked fine.  Now, every time, it loads 100%, then it gives me the following message: 

Failed to upload "video name" to YouTube Account:  A connection cannot be established to YouTube server (401)"

I know it is connected because I can be on my youtube account at the same time.  I tried different size vids, using different names, not renaming it all.  It never works, but it always asks me if I want to "try again".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT & T

I found the solution for me.  If you checked "Stay signed in" to youtube on the upload page, uncheck it and sign  in each time you want to upload.  I will keep trying this throughout the weekend to make usre it works consistently and with different size vids.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: at&t

SOMETIMES it will work for me if I sign out of youtube from the mobile site and close all the tabs from the browser. Only sometimes.
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: at&t

If anyone knows of a permanent solution pls post it. This drives me crazy
New Contributor

I actually figured out that what was happening in my case was that it was using my work email acct to try to log me into YouTube rather than my gmail account.  When I fixed that, I was good to go.

My Carrier: Rogers

..... how did you fix this? I dont get what you mean it was trying to sign in as yuor work email.... who what where why when and how? PLEEEASE EXPLAIN I'm so lost

New Contributor

You can have several email accounts set up on your BB.  I finally figured out that when I tried to do the Youtube uploader, it was using my work email addr rather than the email addr that I had set up with Youtube.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch

Thanks for sharing! I tried but it didn't work. I'm still getting failed message (401)

I want to try to log out of youtube but I don't know how to do it. 

Anyone can help? Thanks!

Torch 9800 with Bell
6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
BB 6.0.0 System Software
BB App world 2.1.0.39
Facebook 1.9.0.20
YouTube 1.0.0.29
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch

I tried but it didn't work for me.

Maybe you will have better luck!

Go to "Message" and click on "Blackberry" icon and go down to "Options" and go to "Email Preferences". Choose your gmail account under "Message Services" and of course, "Save".

Let me know if it works!  Good luck!

Torch 9800 with Bell
6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
BB 6.0.0 System Software
BB App world 2.1.0.39
Facebook 1.9.0.20
YouTube 1.0.0.29