Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Can't verify email password on Torch 9800

Torch 9800

OS 6.0 (Bundle 2949)

Vodafone UK

I'm having problems verifying my Gmail account password on my Torch.

I've had problems following changing my Gmail password, at their reccomendation following some sort of unauthorised attempt to log in by unknowns.

I've been through the Vodafone Helplines with remote resets and stuff.

I've been unable to log in to the Vodafone mobile email thing.

It's as though the passwords don't match there, even after Vodafone resetting them.

What I'm left with is a message on my handset fron donotreplyBlackberry saying I need to "validate my name@gmail.com password. And insructions on how to do that on the handset. ie

Set up

Email settiings

etc etc

The problem.  I can get to into Set up and can tap/click all icons and progress except the Email Accounts button/icon. When I press the button or highlight and press the nav block all that happens is I see the little square with the second hand thing for a second or two then nothing. I'n left on the main set up page. If I press it again, the handset feezes and only unfreezes by either an incoming call or a battery pull.

The passwords for access to my Gmail account and to my Blackberry ID are the same. This was suggested bt the helpline.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Can't verify email password on Torch 9800

Oh - forgot. Don't know if this is relevant/important.

When I'm on the set up page, under the button "Email Accounts" the figure 1 is there in brackets. I assume that means it knows there's an email acount there.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't verify email password on Torch 9800

I'm having the same problem.  Everything has worked fine with my BB and gmail for over a year.  Suddenly, I made a change to my gmail password and despite verifying I have entered it correctly on the BB, it will NOT authenticate!  I've done everything I've read on other posts such as take out the battery, delete my gmail account on the bb and re add it, change my password again, etc., but nothing is working.  This seems like a blackberry issue.  Can someone from RIM respond with help?