Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Fahad_S2
My Carrier: .....

Cannot Setup my Email!! Please Help!!

Hi,

I have a Torch 9800, I've had it for over a year now. this problem happened a long time ago and I just dont know what to do.

The first time I tried to setup my Email, I put in my Email and started the setup, but, by mistake, I canceled the setup in the middle of the proccess. Since then, whenever I try to set it up again, I go to "setup" and click on "Email Accounts" but its simply does not open no matter how many times i click. I tried rebooting multible times and it still doesn't work.

please let me know if you can help, Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Re: Cannot Setup my Email!! Please Help!!

You said you rebooted, but have you tried a battery pull?  You can also setup your email this way.  From the phone head to www.blackberry.com/integrate/ and follow the prompts.

My Carrier: .....

I went to the link you posted, clicked "launch Email", but it says "your device is not registered. Please register your device and try again." after that its shows me the step to register, so i registered and tried again, but its still telling me that my device is not registered.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Gotcha.  Give your carrier a call and verify you have the correct blackberry data plan on your account.  Without that plan, you won't be able to setup email.

After that try this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB00510&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...