Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Jaffz9
My Device: 9780,9860,9900 & Q10
My Carrier: Airtel- Planning to switch to a good carrier soon :p
Accepted Solution

Cannot apply 7.0 Bundle 2406 patch on my 9860

Hi all,

Are there any logs created on the pc/laptop when you upgrade DEVICE s/w thru desktop manager? if yes which is the exact location?

Much appreciated if you could reply asap

WR

Jaffz

J@ffz
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot apply 7.0 Bundle 2406 patch on my 9860

Once you've downloaded an OS to your PC, the path to follow to find it is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and open the Loader.exe file.  In Vista 64-bit computers, the file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Once you find the file and delete the vendor.xml file, open BlackBerry Desktop Software and it will tell you there's an update available for your phone.

I hope I properly understood your question and I hope my information has helped you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jaffz9
My Device: 9780,9860,9900 & Q10
My Carrier: Airtel- Planning to switch to a good carrier soon :p

Re: Cannot apply 7.0 Bundle 2406 patch on my 9860

:smileytongue: thanks...got both the loader.txt and rim-usb-install logs from temp, the issue was with my usb port, wherein driver was not properly installed. btw successfuly applied the patch..:smileyhappy:..thanks for your prompt reply2406.jpg

J@ffz
Please use plain text.