Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Cannot open App World? Any Suggestions?

[ Edited ]

When i try to open App World I get a message saying this " To continue using Blackberry App World, you must upgrade your current version. For more information please visit  www.blackberry.com/appworld/support."

It gives me two options after the message. They are as follows: Upgrade, and close. I click upgrade and the message closes it doesn't do anything. and obviously "close" closes the message as well!

Ok so this is what i have tried. I have tried rebooting the phone. My internet is working just fine so I know its not that because I can connect to facebook right away no problems and runs like a charm. I have the Blackberry desktop software. I have tried updating and I am fully up to date, so the program says... I have tried updating the phone withing the settings on the phone as well, and im fully up to date. 

Thats all the information I have to help anyone who can assist me. If you can help me and need to know anything else please just let me know. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c

Re: Cannot open App World? Any Suggestions?

Hey slipdaking, 

Welcome to blackberry community forums

I have faced the same when I got my blackberry 8520, I would like to say that, please download latest OS for your mobile and make sure that no other old software of your mobile version is installed. If installed, please uninstall it and install the new OS for your mobile. Then go to apploader and follow steps to install your new OS and your BB gets updated and make sure  *BACK UP OF YOUR DEVICE COMPLETELY*. 

Here are the steps:

*Make sure you can view hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer (Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders).

*On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader\

*On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

Remove/Delete the vendor.xml file and you're done.

Go to C:\\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader and install from loader.

:smileyhappy: 

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
New Contributor

Is there any easier way to do this? lol?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

(Deleted post after re-reading OP's post.)

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

That's best way, by deleting vendor files. Sometimes, even if u see update on ur DM, it doesnt work sometimes. you can also download from AT&T version:v7.1.0.1997 for 9860 and if u r using any other carrier OS, then DM shows their update.

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
New Contributor

If I take my phone in to AT&T Will they be able to fix this for me? 

Trusted Contributor

Hi slipdaking,

If you are using AT&T services, they can help you out too.  :smileyhappy: