Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Cannot re-set password to access e-mail settings, add new e-mail account, etc.

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate anyone's help or feedback on this very frustrating problem that seems like it should have a quick fix.

I just replaced my Blackberry Torch 9800 with an identical device.

There is a User name and Password needed to access e-mail settings.

My device prev iously remembered the User Name and Password (e.g., when I had to synchronize my e-mail whenever the password for the e-mail account changed) but now that the device has been replaced, it is now asking for this information which I have misplaced.

Is there an easy way to re-set this password?

I do not remember the User name either (it says the password can be sent to the device if the correct User name is provided).

Unfortunately right now I cannot access any e-mail on the device.

Thanks again for your help!

Joe

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Cannot re-set password to access e-mail settings, add new e-mail account, etc.

Can you call your carrier for assistance?  They can reset your password for the email settings.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cannot re-set password to access e-mail settings, add new e-mail account, etc.

Hi Wolf359,

I tried my carrier (AT&T) to see if they could re-set it before I posted my first post.

I was on the phone with them (and then with the Blackberry technical support people after AT&T connected me after they could not solve the problem themselves) for 1 hour and 40 minutes. After 30 minutes on the phone with Blackberry the call failed.

For some reason neither AT&T nor Blackberry could understand what password I needed to re-set (the one that gets you access to your e-mail settings or allows you to add a new e-mail account).

I don't know if this is a password that AT&T can re-set. It seems to be a password specific to the device. Both Blackberry and AT&T asked me for the device PIN several times which can be found on the device. This did not lead to a quick fix.

Thanks,

Joe

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

AT&T can fix this, I am sorry they couldn't do it. Maybe you can. Can you reset your password at https://att.blackberry.com/
I'm with sprint, had the same issue and they reset it for me. If you can't reset the password, call AT&T again and point them to their own link. Ask for 2nd level tech support.