Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: CSL

Re: Cannot send mail during roaming

Hi Laaz, EA?
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TDC - Denmark

Enterprise Activation, sorry

New Contributor

Yes, I performed the EA when faced the problem on the first time.

But I faced again when the last US trip. Then I just performed a hard reset (remove the battery and power on) and the problem is solved.

Cheers,

My Device: 5230, 9780, 9800
My Carrier: Telenor

Hi,

This problem still seems to be unresolved.

2 of my users are now using 9800 Torch devices and many times they are roaming they face this problem.

Every function seems to be working except for sending messages. Hard resetting the device does solve

the problem, but only temporary. Users are really upset that they need to reboot the device multiple times a day.

Is there any fix to this ?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

This seems to be happening to 9700s and 9800s.

I am administering Vodafone DE 9800s via BES 503, and once on of these BB users with 9700s/9800s fly out of their HQ office (Home carrier is Vodafone DE) to anywhere outside for roaming, then cannot send email.

From my experience, as the previous threads would suspect, this would point mostly to carrier provisioning.

But how come, from the BES logs,  I can see these affected/ roaming devices can receive email ("Message has been delivered to device"), they can read email ("Message status update from device" with a CMIME packet from Dispatcher), but not send email... no CMIME packet from DISP log, neither with corresponding Agent log line saying "Receiving message from device" while they are away.

After a hard reset of the device, or re-registering their device, while roaming, sending from the device works, as seen from the BES logs.

Though I cannot get hh logs from these devices due to their schedules (lots of traveling), I cannot rule out this being a device software issue, so I am asking the affected device users to have their OS upgraded to the latest.

Could any RIM support person check if they get similar issues like this for 9800s while roaming, regardless of the carrier?

I have seen this behavior with 9800s (Vodafone DE) and 9700s (Singtel).

Thanks.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

matie93020069 wrote:

Could any RIM support person check if they get similar issues like this for 9800s while roaming, regardless of the carrier?

Very good information for the Community...thank you! But, to set your expectation, this forum is not part of any formal support...there are no RIM support folks here that can provide what you have requested. These forums are a user-to-user community where everyone tries their best to help others out, but participation from actual RIM folks is never to be expected (not to say it doesn't happen, but one should simply not be expecting it). All formal support continues in the formal channels that exist...normally via the carriers, escalated from them up to RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

To rephrase my statement, has anyone raised this recently to RIM or their roaming carrier or has heard anything from RIM/roaming carrier on this?

This SOS/No signal  issue seems to be happening to Bold 9900's as well, when roaming, and using 7.1 hh code.

Workaround is to do a battery pull or toggle the wireless network radio.

Common denominator is the issue happens when roaming.

I suspect either hh code, hardware or even network (or any combination), but the issue happens with carriers in Asia or EU so go figure.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: +22899410830

Hello,

We have the same issue with our subscriber when they travel. This data roaming issue was impacting BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) customers only.

Currently my network has GPRS/EDGE as data not yet G3.

Ps your support is needed !

Thanks

New Contributor

I'm using the Troch two years and the problem is still there when roaming until restart the deviceSmiley Sad

But it works for me every time....

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Everyone -- if you truly need formal help with this (and, from what I read, you DO need that), then you must follow your formal support channels. Those are, for this situation, normally your mobile service provider (BES folks may have other options). It is your providers network with which your device is having trouble communicating, and only they have access to the necessary systems so as to look at what is going on. No one here has such access. Your carrier also can, if they need to, escalate the case up to BlackBerry for further assistance...most end users have no free path by which to receive any formal support from BlackBerry for anything (again, BES users may have a different support path).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code