Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kuenlo
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: CSL

Cannot send mail during roaming

Hi,

Just faced a problem with my Torch. When I traveled, I can got the new mails but cannot send mails.  All the outgoing mails were pending during roaming and released when back to home town.

The Torch is configured with BES for corporate and personal email, both mail accounts faced same situation. Is it the carrier or the BES issue?

Please advice.

Ryan

PS. Happy new Year:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot send mail during roaming

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

This is most likely a carrier problem...you must have a full data roaming package from your carrier in order to roam on other networks, especially for data. And the carrier you roam on must support full BIS and BES roaming...not all do. I would suggest checking with your carrier to ensure you have the proper roaming plan in place...and also use them to escalate to the carriers you roam on and are not getting service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kuenlo

Hi sdgarnde,

Thanks for the updates. My problem is fixed by reactivating the Torch and everything smooth.

Cheers,

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent! A much simpler solution for you than it was for me. I was traveling internationally a lot last year and needed full BIS/BES roaming. As it turned out, it had to be properly configured before leaving my home network yet could only be tested after arriving in the new country. My carrier got it wrong -- twice...leaving me with no roaming service on two trips. After the second one, we escalated to an engineer at my carrier who was finally able to configure it correctly and I've had no roaming problems since (as long as I roam on a network with adequate services, of course).

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Laaz
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TDC - Denmark

Hi,

I have some users with the same problem.

However, it has bin working fine for quite a while with older devices like 9700 without OS 6.

Only users with 9870 and 9800 are experiencing the problem.

They can receive but are not able to send e-mails. Sometimes, some of them, can't either send or receive.

Sometimes it helps reregister the device on the wireless network, re-enable wireless sync, or change carrier network.

Anything, someone has seen before ?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

I meet such kind of problem in two cases.

1. Problem with Data Roaming

2. Exchange folder size exceed

In both cases end-user recieve e-mail, but cannot send.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kuenlo

Hi,

I fixed my problem on the Torch. When checked the status on "service Status", the status "Not Connected" were showed on the section "BlackBerry Internet Service" and "BlackBerry Enterprise Server". Then I performed a hard reset, the status changed to "Mobile Network" and everything running fine.

By the way, I faced this problem when I traveled to a counties on the first time. After the treatment, everything is fine now:smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Laaz

Thank you for your reply,

1. I think the problem might could be GPRS/EDGE vs 3G and it only works on 3G networks. But im not quite sure yet.

2. No the problem only exist on BB devices with OS 6

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Laaz

Thank you,

Will try that if everything fail ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Laaz