Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Cannot sync my Blackberry calendar to Outlook

I have not been able to synce my Blackberry calendar to Outlook. Infact, the calendar does not sync to any of the other calendar options on my PC such as ASCII file or Windows calendar. Also, I have been able to sync the contacts and notes to Outlook - just not calendar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already spent many hours trying to figure this out and to no avail - Help!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot sync my Blackberry calendar to Outlook

Hello chinka,

Could you provide more information please?

Are you able to set up synchronization for the calendar? If so, what error message do you receive when trying to synchronize your calendar?

What version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software and of Microsoft® Outlook® do you have installed? 

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I apologise for not responding earlier - Thank you for your help. Yes, I was able to set up synchronization for the calendar - atleast it gave me no error messages. I had it set up to sync with MS Outlook on my PC. I also have my contacts and Memos synced to Outlook. When I did the synchronization with Outlook, the contacts and Memos got synced but there was no change to my calendar on Outlook. Even when I just set it to sync only the Calendar. I have Blackberry Desktop Software ver 6.0.2.44 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6562.5003) SP2 MSO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! 

Retired

Hi chinka,

Could you please create a test message on each calendar to test the synchronization with? Does the calendar then pick up the changes you made?

Thanks,

-FS

New Contributor

The outlook calendar does not pick up changes I made to the Blackberry calendar and I have set my sync one way from Blackberry to Outlook only. I have not tried to make an entry in Outlook to sync the other way, since I am in mortal dread that all my Blackberry calendar entries will get deleted.  I do not have any other backup of my calendar entries.:smileysad:

Thanks.

Retired

Hey chinka,

Could you please try backing up your calendar using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and test syncing one way from Microsoft® Outlook®. 

Could you also please check your Calendar databases when backing up to verify that the same number of entries are listed in the Calendar and Calendar All databases?

Thanks,

-FS

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I know this is an old post but I haven't seen a resolution yet. I have had a blackberry of one soort or another for over ten years. All of my BBs have been network synchronised, as is my current ones. On my previous phones I could one way, from device to Outlook, sync my work calendar to my home Outlook so that my wife could see my schedule and know where I am. The contacts also synched easily.

With this new Q10, the contacts still sync fine either one way from device or two way.

If I do a two way sync via USB on my Outlook to the device the outlook info shows on the Q10 calendar. (I only have one calendar that wirelessly syncs to my office network Outlook calendar). The Q10 data does NOT show on the home Outlook calendar after USB sync, but syncs wirelessly just fine on the work one. I have opened the home side, work side, made BBLink the default calendar etc. I have spent hours messing with this and still can't get it to wor. This is extremely frustrating. What is the fix please.

Retired

Hi Dean2,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are these calendar entries existing in the BlackBerry Link calendar on your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone? Only the entries that are entered in that calendar will synchronize with Microsoft Outlook. Please have a look at Workaround 3 in this KB article for more information. "Calendar entries do not synchronize to Microsoft Outlook from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone through BlackBerry Link" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB34535 Let me know if that helps.

Thanks.

-FS

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Well that answers why it doesn't work but that really doesn't solve my problem at all. My work calendar is on a server, it is never going to download to the BlackBerry Link Calendar, it downloads to the copy of my office outlook calendar, set up against my office email address, and why in heck would I need a Blackberry link calendar that can't see my Server calendar. I can already make multiple Outlook calendars to segregate business, work, professional etc.

How is it that a company that had something that worked so good can mess it up this badly.

My Device: q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a Q10.  I entered an appointment for tomorrow in to the Q10.  I got back to the office - looked on my computer (outlook) and it was not there.

I work in the ITdepartment.  I get complaints about this all the time.  It is NOT reasonable that we (IT Staff) would have to do the whole "download your calendar" "backup your calendar" - move this there, etc. for every friggin BB device in the organization.

We have Exchange 2010.

I need to know what I can do as a system's administrator to maks sure this WORKS FOR EVERYONE.  Immediately.

This is so ridiculous.  As the person before me said... how can a company that had something that worked so well, muck it up so badly?

:-|