Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jokobe
My Device: torch

Cannot synchronise Torch

never succeeded to synchronise my blackberry torch for 18 month, now there are only 6 month left to handle this blackberry **bleep** or trash....

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Cannot synchronise Torch

Hi jokobe and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

What happens when you try to synchronize your BlackBerry® smartphone with your computer? Do you receive any error messages?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
purplesunshine29
My Device: 9800 (the one not working)

I had the same problem and i was able to fix it :Clap:

I was able to fix this problem by updating first of my Blackberry Desktop to the lates software and than simply by follwoing the steps i was able to finally sync my blackberry Torch 9800 :Punk: :Sweatdrop:.

Whiom ever is having this issue should try this first before sending your phone away for repair. It save ALOT of time and $$$$$$$. Enjoy and good luck!

jokobe
My Device: torch

This is my third BB, only one was working properly for more then a year. Synch isn't working on my desktop and it isn't working on my laptop, it just hangs at database 6 synch....therefore I deleted every bit BB on my computers.

Contributor
hans66
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I just installed a new version of Desktop Software (7.1.0.33) but the problem of not being able to synchronize my Blackberry persists. I wonder in what version it will be fixed... Why does the bug persist in three versions? In that way I cannot either use the Desktop Software nor using Outlook for my Agenda.

Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB

Same with my Torch 9800.  It was working last week, and suddenly stopped.  I received an update for Desktop Manager this evening and updated it in hopes that it would work, but it did not.  I reviewed Article# KB31752 and this seemed to indocate an issue with Contacts synching with MS Outlook.  I dont sync my contacts with Outlook...only my calendar.  So far I have not been able to find (still searching) how to remedy this problem.

My BB O/S is 6.0.0.666, Bundle 2921

Any help would be appreciated as I rely heavily on my calendar.  The only thing I have left to try isto uninstall and re-install Desktop Manager.

Thanks,

AA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Contributor
hans66

A new build of Blackberry Desktop Software. Downloading was successful, but...

Why is this the next build that isn't able to synchronize my BB Torch 9800 with Outlook 2010? This program is nearly useless with subsequent builds with the same persisting bug. When is RIM going to pay attention to this issue?

Contributor
hans66

Another new build with the same bug... GRRRRR.

Contributor
g_neus
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB

Sorry the late posting.  I was able to fix this a few weeks back by downgrading my desktop manager to v6.  Hopefully an updated version of Desktop Mgr will be available to remedy the synching issue with the latest v7 and Outlook 2010.  Please note that the playbook requires v7.  The version that can be installed from the Playbook did work the first couple of times, then I had the same problem again.  I had to uninstall v7 and install v6.  Hopefully this will help others as well.

Ps: Can't wait til BB10!!  :Clap:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Cruachan80
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

I have had my Torch since September 2011 and have never managed to back it up.

I have been having media card issues & text sending issues last two days, so on the advice of 02, updated BB Desktop software & plugged in phone to PC to back it up tonight.

I can't get passed the first screen as when it asks me for the Password ( same one I used 30 mins ago after the Sim swap) the desktop software says incorrect password, made 6 attempts before I gave up!

I cannot wait to get away from Blackberry too.  I have never had so many issues, with any other phone. All I want to do is a simple back up of photos, contacts etc. I dont even use the calendar etc.

If someone has the magic formula, please let me know!