Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mihirvisaria
My Device: bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Cant see ICON of installed App

Hi i use 9800 (torch 1) and i have installed BB App world on y handset, but not able to see its icon. 

so far i have tried

- Switched off and restarted many times - Zero Result

- Re-installed again - Zero result

please let me is any other way to get it sorted.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Cant see ICON of installed App

First, make sure you haven't inadvertedly hidden the icon.  While on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All or Unhide All, depending which one is available.

If that doesn't do the trick, go to your Applications list and delete App World.  Once your phone has rebooted, type www.blackberry.com/appworld in your phone's browser to download it once again or open BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC and try downloading it again using that method.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihirvisaria

Thanks for your reply it was a great help..

i followed and tried all 3 methods that you have suggested but the result is same and i still stand at the position Zero... can you suggest me more or any other ways..

regards.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi mihirvisaria

If still unable to see App World Icon then please try # Resolution 4 within this Knowledge Base i;e Downgrade App World to ver . 4.0.0.55 .

KB29422  : BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 .

Please try it .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihirvisaria

Hey Prince thanks for your valuable reply i am already on BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 and still cant see the icon, and i tried to install lower version but couldn't find it. can you send the link of lower version. 

regards,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi mihirvisaria

The link is within that Knowledge Base article , but still here it is :   http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 

After installing this version4.0.0.55  don't forget to do a Battery pull Restart. like this Device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till your device takes a long reboot. See if that resolves your problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihirvisaria

Thanks Prince.... it solved... lower version worked and let me know when can i upgrade it to higher version....thanks a lot

thanks.

regards,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi mihirvisaria

That's Great...! I think you had  wait and I hope a newer version with all fixes will be released shortly . But this version will also allow all the features of App World so till then enjoy with this version of App World :smileyhappy:

Prince

Please use plain text.
BbmGirl
My Device: torch

Thanks a million! i tried everything but your solution worked!

Please use plain text.