Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

J3NNIF3R
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Casing around sliding touch screen

Hi,

I dropped my brand new Torch and the sliding touch screen is now loose, there is also an unsitely gash on the casing around the screen. 

Can the casing be replaced? 

Or does the whole sliding touch screen need to be replaced? 

The touch screen is still intact and was not damaged. 

Model:  Torch 9800

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Casing around sliding touch screen

It takes quite a bit of disassembly to get all the way to the touch screen portion of the device.  It's not an easy fix.  You can do a google search for Blackberry 9800 disassembly and watch the many videos that show how to disassemble.  If you're good at that kind of stuff you can get parts here:

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-9800-c-200_1062.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
J3NNIF3R
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Casing around sliding touch screen

Thanks John for your quick reply.  I will have to find a repair shop in the Toronto, Canada area as I am not comfortable with disassembling my phone.  I will keep you posted.

Thanks Again