Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

GottaBeKD182
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Certain Icons not showing, tried "Show All" to no avail

Hey experts,

I have an odd problem that I'm stumped by. I have a number of icons/programs on my Torch that are not showing up for some reason. Now of course I've tried selecting "Show All" from the BlackBerry menu, yet none of the missing programs show up.

It first started a few months ago, where my Twitter app stopped showing up (even though in BlackBerry App World it showed as installed, yet was no where to be found). I managed a work-around, by using UberSocial, so I didn't bother looking into it. Then I tried downloading Hoot Suite, with again the same problem; App World said it was installed, but the actual program was no where. Now I just had a third program do the same thing, but this one's more important. The actual app for BlackBerry App World is now not showing up; so not only can't I use its barcode reader, but I obviously can't download any programs, or update any.

It's extremely frustrating, does anyone know what might be going on?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Certain Icons not showing, tried "Show All" to no avail

Hi GottaBeKD182,

Welcome to the Support Community!
This KB article should help you out with the missing BlackBerry App World™ storefront icon. "BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65" http://bbry.lv/SPblgT
Regarding the other icons that aren't displaying, are these applications listed as installed in Options > Device > Application Management? Was a reboot done after these applications were installed?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.