Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Certificate Error on my Torch this morning

This isn't only with the Torch !!!!  I have a Bold and I am having the same issues.   I just went with one of the suggestions that I read in this thread that said to type "qwery" for the password and it's been about 3 hours.   I can't believe the Blackberry would be so ignorant to make changes with all the users out there and NOT notify them in some shape or form.

Regular Contributor

Had the same problem it must be a BB problem. I called ATT last night and here is what I found out and it fixed the problem.

Keep clicking on Continue to clear the message then do the following:

Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Host Routing Table/Press the Menu Key/Register Now

That fixed my problem any way I am on the ATT Network. Hope this helps. 1.5 hours later this was the fix. To Bad I think RIM has lost there edge.

New Contributor

I have Sprint and the BB Curve 8530.  I am getting the same error, but with rcp6.  From these posts, it sounds like a lot to go through to correct.  I am not BB savvy.  I really don't want to screw anything up or open up my BB to any viruses.

What would be the best support number to call?

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Rhionnan, Thanks for the help. Took a while to complete, but took care of the certificate error on my Bold 9700

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Smiley Mad Just one more nail in the coffin.... I had the same error pop up yesterday afternoon,  spent 4 hours on the phone with RIM support.  Turned off wifi, no more cert errors...  sent them log files and they are pushing it up the line.  I have also been putting up with the data connection locking up about every 3 days,  battery reboot does not always resolve, replaced phone once, problem replicated, wiped twice.  AT&T point at RIM and RIM points back......  

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice Rhionnan.  I wish Tech Support could be 1/2 as helpful.  I've got Sprint telling me to call everyone else including my network provider.  I tried to explain that it is only in my Sprint phone, not any other device in my house.  Very frustrating. 

I did finally try trusting the certificate and creating a password, and so far it seems to have worked.  I'm very reluctant to try to do anything that includes the works "wipe" or "restore" for fear of my own ignorance with these devices.  If it comes to that, I am going to hightail it to the Sprint store and not leave until they fix it.  Regardless of whether they think it is their problem or not!  I'm their customer, they sold me the phone, as far as I'm concerned, it's their problem!

Thanks for your help and allowing me to vent.  I feel much better now!  Smiley Tongue

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

RIM release a new software update this morning 6.0.0.246. I have installed it and did not get the error message. I can't guarantee this is a fix for the problem but so far I am not getting the error message anymore.

Note: My current software version on my Torch is now 6.0 Bundle 695. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 OS 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246)

I updated my software this morning just like gator5734, and I am no longer seeing the certificate message as well.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I am unable to update my OS due to the Enterprise activation on my Torch (It's a work phone) but, stillwater's suggestion worked for me. I just want to add a few details. After going to the host routing table you should see an entry titled "Wifi". If you click on it you will see it's associated to the rep5.us.blackberry.com were the cert keeps coming from. This is the entry I registered. Afterward the cert will pop up again but, this time if you click continue you will see a small BlackBerry symbol pop up in the corner next to your Wifi/ EDGE signal indicator. It's been an hour now and I have not received the notice. Let's hope this it. Thanks to all for your help. 

Update: It came back after a couple of hours. BB symbol disappeared. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone prompts the user to trust a new BlackBerry certificate when connecting

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15204

let us know if it fixes your issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V