Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
stibbs
My Device: Tourch 9800

Change the Port for retrieving mail

Newbie here................................................................

We are a small company so we do not have an enterprise server.  We have the BB Torches 9800 (2 of them) connection to our server to retrieve the e-mail.  This worked fine until we changed our system.  We put in a gateway that filter the e-mail for spam.  This mean we routed our mail first through the filter then to the mail server.  In doing so the BB no longer can access the server to get the mail.  I spoke to my providers and they think I am talking greek.  So here is what I want to do.  I want to have the service changed from the normal port 143 to a different port.  My provider does not know how to do that.  I need to know how to get a hold of RIM support to get them to change the port so that the mail can be directly routed to our server.  Anyone have a number that I can call or an interactive web site that I can tap into?  I know that it is going to cost me money to contact them direct.  My provider suggested that I do so.  HELP?!?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vmas79
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Change the Port for retrieving mail

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue

Please use plain text.