Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
DougJD
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Chinese

I have an AT&T user in China who is having an issue

Tourch 9800

OS - 6.0.0.284

AT&T

Everything is in Chinese accept his corporate mail (exchange).  Texting and web surfing all in Chinese, his corporate mail is not.  All other users in China (who are on same exchange box and BES box as this user) are workig fine.  Seems this is the only device with issues and the only device that is v6.

Vendor said it was a BES issue.

Do we need to upgrade the OS...can we do it wirelessly?

Thanks for the help!

DD

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Chinese

He can't upgrade wirelessly, sweet AT&T has not released any 9800 OS upgrade past 6.0.0.246, but he can upgrade manually IF he has a PC.

1. Any change he as Chinese set as a language? Options > Typing & Input > Languages. (I know he can read his BES emails in English, but it's worth looking, and you didn't state he had looked at this).

2. If he has not do so already, please instruct him to do a reboot in THIS matter: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for FIVE minutes, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

I don't know that an OS upgrade would fix this. And I don't know about it being a BES issue... I am not a BES expert.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DougJD
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Chinese

forgot to post fix..vendor AT&T had user flash ROM and this fixed problem.

Please use plain text.