Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Not Specified

Clean OS Reload using DTM6

Having trouble doing clean OS reload using DTM6 for my 9800.  Seems this DTM wants to back up and restore device data automatically without giving me the option to disable this function. 

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?  I've tried deleting the data from my device, but there's obvious corruption lurking in my device and it is restored back.

I do not have this problem using DTM 5 or less.

Any ideas?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

Re: Clean OS Reload using DTM6

[ Edited ]

you can use the wipe hand held option:

Complete the following steps to delete all the data on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: If you have turned on Content Protection, the process for deleting all the data on the BlackBerry smartphone can take up to an hour to complete. Do not remove the battery from the BlackBerry device while data is being deleted.

1. From the Home screen on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings.
  2. Click on the trackwheel or the Menu button.
  3. Select Wipe Handheld from the menu.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Type blackberry, and then press the Enter key.

good luck

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!