Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Clear bad/old AutoComplete email addresses

[ Edited ]

I want to remove old and bad addresses (or just reset the whole list) from my auto complete list.

What i DO NOT want to do is turn the system off.

I like the system but everytime i pick my boss from the list when i type in his name, i get 2 other addresses that are NOT his email, but i  had 3 months ago recieved an email from a website that sends news articles and it put his name in the sender but their address

Do not post if your just going to say to turn off "Show Recent Contacts when Composing Email"

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Clear bad/old AutoComplete email addresses

GrimNotepad wrote:

Do not post if your just going to say to turn off "Show Recent Contacts when Composing Email"

OK, but since you've restricted the ability for people here to assist you, there's nothing left you to do, other than persevere the showing of recent contacts. This is not an "AutoComplete" issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

when i click on a contact i want to be able to clear the addresses it shows and only have it show me the one in my contact list

in outlook you do this by just highlighting the auto address and backspacing
Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, but this isn't Outlook. The way you turn this function off is by doing the unsaid. :smileywink:

I know, my answer sounds like a smarta$$, but quite honestly, you know the answer to this issue already. Unless I am very mistaken, there is no way to delete the "recent contacts" one by one, as you prefer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
KTF
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Tesco

I think I have had the same problem (on my Blackberry Torch).  When forwarding to my daughter a hidden address appears which is not connected to her and does not show in my contacts list.  I spent ages trying to find a way to get rid of it - and I think I have.  You open an email and press the forward button.  This displays the rogue address.  Highlight the address as if you are going to forward it and then press the name and highlight show address (to check you have the right one).  Now press copy and then discard email for forwarding.  Now open your contacts folder and the person whose address it pretends to be.  Press blackberry button and edit - this will allow you to add a new email address.  Press blackberry button and paste the rogue address in and save.  Now reopen the contact and edit - now delete the rogue address and ... it's gone!

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

KTF wrote:

I think I have had the same problem (on my Blackberry Torch).  When forwarding to my daughter a hidden address appears which is not connected to her and does not show in my contacts list.  I spent ages trying to find a way to get rid of it - and I think I have.  You open an email and press the forward button.  This displays the rogue address.  Highlight the address as if you are going to forward it and then press the name and highlight show address (to check you have the right one).  Now press copy and then discard email for forwarding.  Now open your contacts folder and the person whose address it pretends to be.  Press blackberry button and edit - this will allow you to add a new email address.  Press blackberry button and paste the rogue address in and save.  Now reopen the contact and edit - now delete the rogue address and ... it's gone!

This solution worked for me on my BlackBerry Curve.