Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
NickBiden
My Device: Torch 9800

Configuring Email Account for Virgin..net

Having recently taken delivery of a shiny new Torch I'm struggling to do the simplest of tasks and set up my Virgin email account.  It goes like this:

1. My Virgin account is configured for IMAP - IMAP4.virgin.net. It will also allow POP3 on pop3.virgin.net. In both cases it uses SSL on Port 995.

2. Creating the email address on the BB is easy enough, but it defaults to using a POP server. And from what I've read I can't change this to IMAP from the phone, though I believe I can do it through BIS by configuring the account there. Well I would if it would let me in. I try creating the username & account and then type in my PIN & IMEI and it tells me that my phone isn't accessible.

3. It also defaults to Port 120 and NOT using SSL. So I check the SSL tick box, port changes to 995, and hit 'Save'. This creates the error message 'account details are incorrect, please verify' - or words to that effect.

Bottom line is I can't actually get an account set up to allow me to get my virgin emails on my BB. Now for those of you in the know Virgin use Gmail for their web mail. And gmail works fine on my BB so what the **** is the issue with Virgin?

Am I asking too much to be able to connect to my virgin account? Dare I say I had no such problems with Windows Mobile.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

New Contributor
NickBiden
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Configuring Email Account for Virgin..net

Just an update. O2 have resolved this for me by using access to the Blackberry Internet Service and changing the settings on the website. It must be done via the www.o2email.co.uk website as you can't override the settings using the phone.