12-19-2013 07:06 AM
I've got a Blackberry Torch 9800 running v220.127.116.118. I've got a Blackberry service bundle thingy from Virgin mobile.
I managed to successfully connect to my mom's wifi, but then it just stopped working. The wifi symbol says I'm connected. If I go into Set Up Wi-Fi Connections and try to connect to the network it says I'm already connected.
Sometimes I get emails (How do I stop that, by the way? The Help says you can untick the box of "send to handheld" but I've got no such box to untick.), sometimes I will get/be able to send a WhatsApp message. But most of the time it won't work. The browser says "Unable to find the requested server".
1) I tried Registering HRT, as I read in some answers. Got the message that I'm now registered.
2) Tried Resending Service Books, but I can't even open the set up of the email accounts, let alone understand who is supposed to send me a service book. "wireless service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site" Virgin or my mom's internet provider or my internet email account provider?
3) Did a "soft reboot", didn't do anything. (Apart from WhatsApp accepting my media card again).
I'm so confused and frustrated. Especially because every once in a while it'll work, without me doing anything.
12-19-2013 07:34 AM
Took the battery out and put it back in now, too. Got WhatsApp messages and emails as soon as it was back and rebooted, managed to send one or two back as well, the third one is still waiting to be sent.
Interestingly, it won't be sent even if I receive another email.
My reaction goes like this: "New email?! Was my whatsapp message sent?! Omg omg, is it working? Oh... wait... no, it's not. ".
12-19-2013 06:16 PM
I've got a similar problem. Torch 9800, successfully connected to WiFi (it's been working for years like this), but suddenly (since the last BB software update a few weeks ago) my device sporadically loses the connection to my email server. A local Telus tech suggested the device had lost my password (somehow) during the BB software update. When I re-entered the password, it worked again fine--for awhile. Then it started losing the connection almost every day. And sometimes twice or three times in a day.
Clues: I can still access the Internet on WiFi, but not my email account. I can get it working again by doing a REBOOT. But I have to remove both the battery and the SIM card, and then when it starts up again, the WiFi access to email works fine.
But then it loses the connection again without me doing anything. The WiFi signal indicator on the Home Screen is still there. Signal still strong. But that other little BB symbol that indicates connected to a Mobile Network has disappeared. Even though the WiFi connection is still there.
The Mobile Network indicator comes back after ANOTHER REBOOT, or sometimes on its own.
Question: was there something wrong in the last BB software update? Why am I suddenly having to REBOOT several times a day? I never did before.
12-20-2013 06:56 AM
12-20-2013 08:17 AM
1. The modem is fine. My laptop and my moms and my old phone are all connected to the internet.
2. I changed the IP to the one my old phone is connected to, which didn't work at all. Just got the "can't find server" message quicker. Changed it back to automatically and tadaa, I've got internet. However, since I got too frustrated, I swapped my SIM over to my old phone in the meantime. So the internet works on the simless Blackberry, which it did before, too, but not on the simful.
Could this be about roaming?
12-20-2013 08:47 AM
01-03-2014 10:32 AM
Now that I am back home, the phone is working fine. No problem with wifi or anything. Must have had something to do with roaming and the Blackberry Service and I have no idea.
Thanks for the replies, though