Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

lilcarmalita
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: virgin mobile

Contact List Issues - 9810

Hello,

I'm just wondering if there was a way to reassign a contact to an e-mail contacts list? I have 4 e-mail accounts connected to my BlackBerry Torch, and most of my business contacts have been saved to my personal email. I know it sounds a little silly as they are all on the same device, but it has a become a hassle in other aspects.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Contact List Issues - 9810

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I suggest you consolidate the four different contacts lists as it will cause major headaches down the road. The procedure is fairly easy please remember to do a full device backup before addressing the issue.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB19704 Multiple Address Book contact lists are created on a BlackBerry smartphone causing issues with synchronization

Frequently, wireless address book synchronization can cause multiple contact lists to be created on a BlackBerry smartphone. For example, there may be duplicate Desktop contact lists or a contact list named Desktop and one named Unknown or an email address that may appear within the contact list options. The contacts visible in the Address Book will be associated with one or other of the Desktop or Unknown lists and not all will synchronize - either wirelessly or through the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.