Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SimonB08
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Contact Pictures don't show when phone locked

Hi All

I'm new to this having only had the BB a few days (Torch 9860), but am getting to grips with it. The one thing I don't get is the picture contacts that I have don't show up when the phone is locked, (the caller ID and specific ring tone if used do), they do show up though if the phone is unlocked, so I'm confused. I know there is the caller ID issue that is resolved by un-ticking contacts in encryption which is what I have done otherwise the contact ID's wouldn't show up when locked. It's not the end of the world, but just a niggle that I would like to resolve.

Cheers

S

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SimonB08

Re: Contact Pictures don't show when phone locked

I take it is just me then, as no one else seems to have commented that they have the same problem, or know a fix for it. Ah well I'll just have to live with it.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Sorry I dont have pictures on my contacts or use content protection

i will add a witch picture to my wifes contact and see what happens

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SimonB08

Cheers knottyrope
Like I say, it's not the end of the world, but I've got used it on my HTC, and would be good to know if it was just me. It's a work phone so is BES, so auto locks after 10 mins and there is nothing I can do about it.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok did it with work number and it worked either way. I dont have encryption on though.

It didnt work at first because the bussiness number was listed 3 times in the contact, once I removed the others it worked fine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SimonB08

Cheers for that. Must be related to the encryption then, but don't understand how as contacts are unticked for encryption. Very strange. The joys of modern technology!!
Please use plain text.