Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Nitinsharma
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Convenience Key on my Torch does not work

Hi Everyone!

Seek your help as the convenience key on my torch does not work. I have changed the setting as well but to no avail.
Regards - Nitin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nitinsharma

Re: Convenience Key on my Torch does not work

Please help!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khato
My Device: Not Specified

Nitin Saheb,

Try and reset convenience key.select "Options" from the Main Menu; select "Device" then select "Convenience Key" now choose the function you want the Convenience Key to perform for you. Personally I have set it to Device Lock.

Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nitinsharma

Dear Khato,

Thanks for your revert.

However, it is still not working.

I have tried it earlier as well but the problem remains the same.

Don't know if the problem lies with the set.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khato
My Device: Not Specified

Contact your service provider/vendor. Sounds like physical malfunction and not software.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gerryburroughs
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: 3 Moblie

I just got my new phone yesterday and my convenience key will not select anything either!!! I have tried the previous suggestions ie going into the setup and resecting every thing including the default camera setting, nothing happening. Anybody got any further suggestions??? Gerry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nitinsharma

Have received the following message from BB help for setting the convenience key. But it also says that this will clean the entire data on my bb. (Not sure whether it will work)
'Have you tried reinserting your battery already? If so you may want to try this clean application loading process: http://bit.ly/cKy9A0 ^SH'
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gerryburroughs

Hi many thanks for adding your information, it might do the trick but has its own problem maybe??? a strange thing happened when I plugged my Torch in for charging I accidently squeezed the convenience button and it worked ok!! I tried various other selections and they all worked!! I didnt  disconnect the cable just yet until the phone is fully charged but I will post the result when i do.:Eek:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gerryburroughs

Have just taken my phone off charge and low and behold the convenience key is still working!!! I have no idea why this is but its only the phones second charge and it appeared to work as soon as i connected up for a charge and is selecting away ok at the minute. There must be experts out there that can give an explanation for this and I might solve the problems others. All I done was put my phone on charge and accident pushed the convenience button and then went on to select other items while it was still charging and when I disconnected it was working ok!!! best of luck if it helps bring your key back to life.:Clap:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gerryburroughs

Hi just an update to the problem of the convenience key not working or working now and again. I had to do a couple of reboots this morning to update some apps and I noticed the key was not working after the reboot so I attached the charging cable to the phone and plugged into the wall socket thinking that will fix it again, but no it didnt. !!! I then remembered the first time I had this sorted I had plugged the charger in and switched the power on and then attached the phone, so I tried this method again and the key is working fine again!!!!. So what ever is happening when you do it in this sequence seems to reset the key. How did you get on with your phone with the Blackberry info?:Clover:

Please use plain text.