Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: TIM Brasil

Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again.

Hi, When I start the camera in my torch 9800, appear a black screen and after a minute, appear a message "Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again." and my camera doesn't work.

If I start the camera in video mode, works fine!

Somebody can help me?

Tks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again.

Hi slimberger,

The following article should help regarding this issue:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15544

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Re: Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again.

Hi Fozzy,

I try all options for item 1 of this article and do not work. Nobody convence me that is a hardware problem. Why my video camera works fine if the hardware of camera is the same? Why a lot of buyers of Torch 9800 have the same problem (you can see this in this forum)? Why some users resolved this problem with solutions like "select face detection" in camera? I think that is sotware problem that RIM cannot resolve. I'm very unsatisfied with my product. If you search in this forum, you will see that have some user that change your mobile to another and the problems continues.
Sorry about my outburst, but for an expensive mobile like Torch 9800, could not leave a lot of with the same problem. I think that is a big error of RIM and they didn't declare himself about this.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi did you get it sorted? I have the same problem :-(

C
Contributor

No, anything until now. I tried to make downgrade, make upgrade, but not work. I'm very unsatisfied with BB. I call to support in my country, and they talk to me that my phone was bought in another country and they didn't gave me support from free. And, like I said before, the video camera works fine! Good luck to you, if you have some news, post here!

New Contributor
My Carrier: mtn

Am having the same problem , i have upgraded my OS to .6 still no solution. is embarrassing that i have 5 mega P camera that i can't use.
i cant wait to get a solution on this.
thanks
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi

I actually sent my camera back under warranty and they said it had water damage (never been near water in its life).  Thats why certain applications weren't working.  Anyway wasn't covered under warranty  to repair 'accidental damage' so sent it to my insurers instead who gave me a new phone.  No problems now (fingers crossed).

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: airtel

+++

they said the something to me  it fell under my warranty  period i was ready to pay them but they could not repair it 

they asked me to pay full phone amount so that they can give me new phone :X

blackberry service sux 

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: blackberry

Hi, When I start the camera in my torch 9800, appear a black screen and after a minute, appear a message "Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again." and my camera doesn't work.

Somebody can help me?

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: blackberry

Somebody can help me?