Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Disappointed_Customer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850

Customer Support

Sent the following message to Customer support on 08/15/12 and 08/21/2012 and did not even get an email from them at least recognizing that they had received it.  Does anyone have another email account that may work and get some kind of results?

Good Afternoon,

First let me say that my daughter has had great success with her original BlackBerry and she loves the brand and the phone.  Me on the other hand am very disappoint with the Blackberry Torch 9850.

In May, we purchased the Blackberry Torch 9850 online through U.S. Cellular as a birthday present for our daughter.  She absolutely loved it, she is a pre-vet college student and it gives her so much more access to information quickly.  While on summer break and at home in Maine, she noticed that it was not charging completely.  The next night she plugged it back into the charger and ended up with the same results in the morning, except this time the piece that you plug into the charger on the phone came out with the charger.  So, she took it to U.S. Cellular to get it fixed, and they gave her a loaner phone of course it is a Blackberry Torch 9850.  After U.S. Cellular had it for several days, they called her and told her it was unfixable and she would have to buy a new phone.  Well, she was out of upgrades so the new phone is going to cost her about $649.00, she just about expired and so did I.  I told her she must be mistaken.  Well, much to my surprise she was not mistaken plus, they told her if she does not return the phone now they are going to charge my account $150.00 for the phone and she would still have to turn the phone in.  She had only had the phone for 3 months and it was already a paperweight.   I thought your product was able to withstand being charged every night and unplugged every morning without this kind of damage.

A VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER,

Tammy 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Customer Support

Hey Tammy, welcome to the Community support forums.

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

2. Where was this message sent? RIM/BlackBerry has no customer support email address. They do have a physical address and phones to which you might voice a formal complaint.

3. US Cellular is your problem here. They have wronged you. The device your daughter had after only 2-3 months, they said they would not replace under warranty? I would be all over that. They need to replace her device fully with a either a new or re-manufactured same model.

You should not stand for that kind of sloppy service from US Cellular. Go read your original warranty on the purchase, it is for one year on the hardware with a few exceptions due to liquid or physical damage. While I have obviously not seen the device, it doesn't sound like those were the issues. You don't say here what the charging problem was (could be a bad charger, a bad charger port? Could be many things).

My opinion... you need to climb higher up the food chain at USCellular.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.