Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bigmikebrooklyn
My Device: torch

Dear RIM, Japanese support is critical for us

Dear RIM,

Please provide a Japanese display and input Package for the Torch.

It is useless to our company without one.

I have one, that I'd like to be able to use.

People in my company (a very large company) are very interested in the device, but will not purchase until there is support for Japanese display and input.

This would be a great way to get a leg up on android, since the Japanese support is horrendous, and yours is great, and it would give some people pause before choosing an iphone.

Quite Sincerely,

-Michael

Trusted Contributor
tmbold7055
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dear RIM, Japanese support is critical for us

Hi Bigmikebrooklyn,

Do you still want to install Japanese input software?

Roger Wireless has Asia Software.  Please try it.

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Hiya!

This is a user to user forum.. chances are, no-one from RIM will read your post (except an admin)

But with that said. Language support originates from the carrier primarily. RIM made it capable of doing it. But your carrier has to give it to you.... Or.. you can do as was mentioned before and download the OS from Rogers in Canada, delete the VENDOR.XML file before loading the OS

If this is something you are interested, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

here is a link complete with directions

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9800-series-discussion-torch/237177-latest-os-9800-6-0-0-695...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V