Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

cumatru_ray
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860

Delay receiving Gmail emails

For a few days I encountered that emails from Gmail are received on my Blackberry with a delay, aprox. 1 hour or more. 

Emails are sent imediately 

Can you help?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Delay receiving Gmail emails

There are a lot of variables that could be causing this.  I would start with a battery pull first.  If you still notice the delays, then I would report this to the carrier.  There could be an issue with Orange and gmail.  I don't think you have to remove and readd your email account at this point, but check with your carrier first.

My Device: Bold 9780

I am also having the same problem.  Mail re directed to my Blackberry takes a long time (hours) to be delivered after it has been recieved by Gmail.  Given the nature of my use this makes the Blackberry/Gmail combination unusableThis started on Saturday 5th Jan 2013.  Mail is sent instantly. Help!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Have you enabled impa only in your gmail settings?

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77695

Again, i would inform the carrier of this issue.  To test something, can you setup a test yahoo account and see if email delivery is better?  That will help narrow down what the issue could be.  It could be something with gmail services, but there are too many variables.  I wonder if gmail delivery is better by using WiFi only (for troubleshooting purposes)

I have been using Gmail and Blackberry for months with no problems.  This only started a few days ago.  IMAP settings as they always were.  I also have another BES account that links to my Blackberry.  This is functioning fine with no delays.  the problem seems to be with BB/Gmail.  As a work around I have set up my Gmail account to forward my Gmail emails to my BES account and they then get pushed to my Blackberry with little or no delay.  I will raise the issue with my carrier tomorrow.  Thanks for the input it all helps.

New Contributor
talishko
My Device: Torch 9860, Playbook

I've been having the same problems since last weekend. Been using torch 9860 on O2 UK with no problem for almost a year and it now started acting up.

New Contributor
roo55
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Same problem here.

I'm in Singapore, with SingTel, and have had a Bold 9900 since early December and had no issues up until a couple of days ago.

Initially I thought that it was an issue with my IMAP/POP settings, but after deleting the e-mails several times from my BB and adding them from scratch, the problem persisted. I had no issues prior to a couple of days ago. 

Please let me know if anyone comes up with a fix to this issue.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

I heard there was an outage, but I can find the emails on this.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello,

Has anyone come up with a solution?

I've checked with my service provider and checked my Gmail settings and the issue is not with either.

I have tried everything: host routing table, service books, battery pull, etc, and nothing seems to be working.

Would appreciate any assistance! Cheers.

New Contributor
johnrobertson

Mine has gone back to normal after a period of about four days.  Must have been some kind of glitch as other posters have hinted at.  Relieved and pleased it is working OK now.