Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telstra

Delete an email account

I'm new to Blackberry having "inherited" a Blackberry Torch 9810 from a former work colleague. Can someone tell me how to delete the email account he has setup on the phone?

Thanks.

Peter.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Delete an email account

Hello RHN12

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As it is previously used by someone else and you're the second owner, so  follow this Knowledge Base after which it will allow you do use your Own BlackBerry ID in that device :

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Try it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telstra

As I said, I'm new to this, but the existing email account appears to be an Enterprise email account (with an ...@ourworkplace.com.au address) and based on Steup, Email accounts, Enterprise Account, although the account is listed as Aactivated, I am asked for the details provided by the system administrator to activate it (??). I don't wish to use the email facility at the moment, just want to remove the one that is setup.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

RHN12 wrote:

the existing email account appears to be an Enterprise email account (with an ...@ourworkplace.com.au address) and based on Steup, Email accounts, Enterprise Account, although the account is listed as Aactivated, 

Hello RHN12

So its a Corporate device and you're on BES .

You cannot perform the above KB as I suggested earlier . You can contact your BES Administrator for any help because they control your device . So please approach them . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.