Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

FelixNLID
My Device: Torch 9810

Deleted SMS

All my SMS'es were deleted ...

( No backup yet :-( so that mean sthey are truly gone ...)

Found Article ID: KB25784 but it's not really the same.

The SMS'es aren't even draft, they are simply wiped out ....

I wonder how this could have happened?

A result of phone being on and battery power was over and out ??

Normally when that happened: date was set to date of power off.

Now when powering up again: date was November 2045 !!

Any ideas on how to avoid this from happening (apart from making the (obvious) backup!) ???

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Deleted SMS

Messages get deleted when memory gets low. Even with lots of free memory the device will run down to 0MB, depending on what apps are installed. You need to reboot the device regularly to make sure your memory doesn't go down to 0.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Deleted SMS

In addition to John, always have a periodic back up of your device data in your computer. You also use BlackBerry Protect application (which is free and available in App World) that can back you device data like, contacts, Tasks, Memo, SMS texts etc.

You can get the User Guide from - http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/31983/

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit