Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Gerardmeni
My Device: Blackberry Touch 9860

Design Disaster of Touch 9860.

As a Mechanical Engineering student, I was taught about the importance of ‘Quality and Reliabilty’ in Manufacturing Industries. Sadly I don’t think this is taken as a top priority in Blackberry (or RIM). I purchased my first blackberry device, Touch 9860 (Touch 3) in September, 2012 for $390. My experience has been awful!

How can engineers in Blackberry design a phone with camera shutter button, volume and mute side buttons perpetually unreachable and difficult to use?

How can engineers in Blackberry design a phone heavily dependent on data access and services with a poor 1230mAh battery that barely last for 6 hours without recharge?

How can they design a phone with an Operating system (OS 7 and 0S 7.1) that always hangs annoyingly (even in situations where the phone is needed most to do its basic job, make calls, send messages or search the internet)? A phone that is quick to display a white screen and perpetually reloading?

How can they design an app, ‘Application Resource Monitor’ that did more harm than good! Killing my productivity with JVM errors, resets and exits!

What business do I have with troubleshooting my phone, reloading, taking out the battery (this is most annoying!), restoring….ohhh the list goes on!

What were Blackberry Engineers doing? What were they innovating? What were they being paid for? Where they blind to innovations in Nokia, Apple, HTC and Samsung?

Now my touch 3 is unusable just after a year of use and purchased from a reliable store.  I cannot even resell it….ohh Blackbery, such a fine name, logo, messaging service, but a failed hardware and software design team headed by myopic CEOs (founders Basillie and Mike.)

So, what faith do I have in Blackberry 10, its devices, engineering team and CEO Mr.Heinz after this sad and unfortunate experience?

Well I guess the hand is already writing on the wall as seen in the recent sack of 4500 workers, loss in profits and poor sales of Blackberry 10 devices, as well as the failed bid to meet the timeline (or clearly state one) for BBM on Android and iOS devices (nobody is even talking about BBM on Windows Phone 8.1).

What faith do I have in the alleged bid of Fairfax to revamp entirely the dwindling fortunes of the Blackberry brand?

There seems to be more questions than answers as well as uncertainties about this brand.

On this note, I sign off and look forward to find happiness and boost my productivity with the LG G2 and Microsoft Surface Pro 2.

NB: Blackberry Playbook was a disaster!

ADVICE: There is more to a ‘Smartphone’ than ‘Security’ and ‘BBM’.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Design Disaster of Touch 9860.

Hi Welcome to the Community,

Blackberry was completely designed for "BUSINESS PURPOSE" and yes you can find tons of anti-virus softwares for android applications, but you can find malware or virus in the BlackBerry untill unless your memory card was messy and destroys the phone, This happnes when one uses cheap quality memory cards.

I am using torch 9860 and I get battery for 12 good hours with continous chat and email. 

Android and Iphone apps for ppl being kiddo minded, we don't need tons of apps that sucks our search options and makes hard to find good quality apps.

Yes, it might be at loss which was paid by GOOGLE by paying to media to show that Blackberry is at loss. 

To be honest, Blackberry are always into Business secured servers for COrporate users and Business people.

Even Samsung and Apple had asked Blackberry to develop and enterprise servers for them.  I feel pity by seeing first and final option towards Blackberry. 

Also if one joins a job, he/she cannot win all the time at work one undergoes a blackdays in life. THAT'S **bleep** SURE.

Right now, they are in process of refreshing their entire team and focus on future not present conditions. 

Blackberry is not into cheap cost phones either. If you phone's battery is not upto mark then that shows the network in your place is not good. 

Your message about "Reliability /Quality" doesn't make sense. 

In NIGERIA, Samsung had already started in-built "BBM" app, to increase their sales by showing the "BLACKBERRY" mark. 

We feel proud of using blackberry, all the time and everytime. 

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Please use plain text.