Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
scater
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Telus

Desktop 6 crashes when Device is connected

I am posting this hopefully to save even ONE person the hours of frustration and Googling I have done trying to find a solution.

I had an issue with BB DTM6.0 under Windows 7x64, using Outlook 2007.

I upgraded from a Storm to a Torch, uninstalled the desktop manager software, did a clean out of the registry as per instructions on the web and installed DTM6.

The DTM software would start and wait for a device to be connected. Once I would connect the Torch it would recognize it, start the setup wizzard and within seconds the program hung with a windows message stating "The program has stopped responding". 

I did revert back to DTM 5 but it would not sync properly with calendar or address book in outlook '07 so I was hours away from returning the Torch for an Iphone!

I contacted my provider and (after a lot of prodding from me) they escalated it to RIM. 2 hours on the phone with RIM and it is solved.

Problem was with the micro SD memory card that was handed down from my last phone (BB Storm) There was something wrong in it's file structure that made the DT software hang when it tried to access the card. I could read and write to the card perfectly from Windows, even with the card installed in the phone using it as a mass storage device with windows explorer but DTM couldn't deal with it.

Removed the card and DTM sync'd no problem. I then re-formatted the card using the BB and it all works perfectly now!.

If anyone is having issues getting DTM6 to play nice once they attach their phone try removing the media card. If the device connects and works after that then you have a bad card, reformat or replace it and you're good.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Desktop 6 crashes when Device is connected

Hi scater,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post this. Though I'm unfamiliar with this issue myself it's great to see users like yourself taking the time to post the details of your own experience along with the resolution.

Posts like these provide other users an an avenue to address their issues without having to go through some of the same struggles you had to in order to find a resolution.

Often times when we finally get the answer we were looking for we turn the page but you have generously taken the time to share your experience so that others can benefit.

Thanks again!

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I had a few issues with the SD cards too. sometimes it doesnt make sense and I remove both the SD card and the SIM card, then DTM will connect to the device after that.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Jose-2000
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

I still have this problem. I haven´t been able to sync. The DTM 6 as soon as I connect the BB Torch. Can some one please help?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ajhughes
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

take out the memory card. That is what caused the crash on my phone with both Bold and Torch

Please use plain text.