Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Desktop Software - Calendar sync not installed??

[ Edited ]

Hi.   I purchased the Torch last week. I use it for work. Due to firewall issues I had to have my IT department download the Desktop Software for me so that I could sync everything.  I am on the personal plan not the Enterprise, although I still can receive emails for work.

When I did the Configure Settings to set up the syncing it let me do the Calendar and then the Address book. Yet when I got ready to run the sync the Calendar says "not installed".  I was able to sync the contacts with my Outlook, but for some reason can't get the Calendar to work.  I really need to have my calendar sync'd.

I'm on AT&T and have had the Bold 9000 previously. I never had any problems with the Desktop Software until now.

Any ideas on what is up???

Thanks,

ob
New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Software - Calendar sync not installed??

Same problem here, i installed the BlackBerry desktop 6 and now cannot synchronize the calendar (notes and address book syncs just fine).

I am on Verizon here. Don't have Enterprise

ob
New Contributor
My Device: Tour

Found some solution here that works for me:

You need to update your Blackberry settings. On the device (not on the Desktop Manager) go to Options -> Advanced Settings -> Default Services and select the email account for Outlook as your default calendar.

For some reason it selects other services, like Google or Facebook for the calendar by default.

After updating these settings on the device, you can go to Organizer -> Configure Settings on the Desktop manager and it should allow you to configure Calendar Sync this time.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

My Device: 8330 Curve

Just wanted to let you know that your solution worked perfectly for me!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold by AT&T

Re: Desktop Software - Lotus Calendar sync not installed??

Hello I have the same issue with my BB 9700 and desktop 6.0

I went to Options -> Advanced Settings ->Default Services 

but it only lets me choose between facebook and my personnal email address (gmail) however I want to sync with Lotus.....

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I must say that the transition to Desktop 6.0 has been VERY painful....

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi Oleg, when I tried this, I get to Default Services but the screen is just a blank screen of white.  It says "Default Services" up at the top.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Desktop Software - Lotus Calendar sync not installed??

I had the same problem, but was syncing before assigning a default email on the device.

If you want to sync Lotus, those settings are chosen on the desktop manager on your computer. 

Contributor

I went to the "Options" icon on my BB but I am not seeing "Advanced Settings" when I open it nor in the screen when I open menu. Can you help me to find it? Thanks.

New Contributor

the path is Options>Device>Advanced Device Settings>Default Services

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Also here's a KB article about it

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23978

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.