Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

SteveinMaryland
My Device: Torch 9800

Desktop Software Update - Lost connection to device

I updated the desktop software to the latest version 6 using one phone and there was no problem.  The problems began when I tried to connect my second phone to the computer.  I didn't immediately update the phone software, but loaded pictures via the autoplay feature (I have a PC running Vista)

The second phone simply does not work anymore.  Correction, the phone works.  But, I can get maybe one push of a button on the icons, and then everything on the phone freezes.  I have tried rebooting and removing the battery numerous times.  No good.  Still nothing.  The phone worked fine before I tried to update the desktop software.

The desktop software simply won't connect to my second phone.  It still connects to my first torch.  And, the computer still tries to upload photos from the second phone, so I know there is no problem with the hardware.  I've also turned off my firewall and that does nothing.

At times, I see several different error messages, depending on what I am trying to do.  When I first turn on phone and get main screen there is an error message saying uncaught exception 12 < 12, or something like that.

I just tried to connect to my device and got the following message:  uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_phone_app(110) is not responding; process terminated

I have tried to reload software for the torch directly to my second phone via the phone connection, but that never gets anywhere.

Right now, I'm extremely frustrated.  If I hadn't tried to update the desktop software, the second phone would be working fine.  There were no problems whatsover before I tried to update.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.