Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Device Media Processor is busy

I just recently purchased a new torch 9850 and have only had it some six days.  Overall its been working wonderfully so far whoever after a while the music player portion of the phone becomes unresponsive in playing a song with the notification of Device Media Processor is Busy.  Thing is there isn't anything else playing whenever this comes about.  Now I've been able to temporarily get rid of the problem by removing the battery while the phone is still on and performing a cold boot.  Thing is I've had to do this 3 times now, so its starting to get rather annoying particularly for the fact I shouldn't have to do this or be experiencing this problem at all.  Any ideas of what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Device Media Processor is busy

AmunRa wrote:

I just recently purchased a new torch 9850 and have only had it some six days.  Overall its been working wonderfully so far whoever after a while the music player portion of the phone becomes unresponsive in playing a song with the notification of Device Media Processor is Busy.  Thing is there isn't anything else playing whenever this comes about.  Now I've been able to temporarily get rid of the problem by removing the battery while the phone is still on and performing a cold boot.  Thing is I've had to do this 3 times now, so its starting to get rather annoying particularly for the fact I shouldn't have to do this or be experiencing this problem at all.  Any ideas of what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Hi AmunRa,

Reload your OS. Read this article.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

Doing the clean reinstall didn't work.  Still getting the "device media processor is busy" message.  Any other ideas?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If the battery pull and the OS reload came up empty, did you recently install an app (either media related or not) that might be causing this?  If you've installed an app within the past few days, how about uninstalling it for a day or two to see if maybe it's getting in the way.

Have a go at that and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I have been having this problem for awhile.  At first, I discovered that BeBuzz was causing a lot of the issues, so I deleted it several months ago.  That solved the problem for a little bit, but it started doing it again with increasing frequency.  It will crop up under a few different situations, some of which will prevent the phone from working.

1.  If I plug an audio cable into the headphone jack and connect it to the input plug of a radio, it disables all audio functions, including the phone.

2.  Using a bluetooth device of any kind, then disconnecting it will not allow me to stream any audio from an app through a bluetooth headset.  (iHeartRadio, mostly)

3.  MLB AtBat12 was working great for awhile, then will stop working after about 5 minutes of audio.

Essentially, any use of bluetooth headsets, whether for phone use or streaming audio from the phone will trigger the device media processor problem.

I just can't believe that with this occurring for the past few years on other devices that they have not discovered a way to prevent it.