Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9860

Device Software Not Detected

Hey,

So I have a 9860 that I bought a couple of months ago. Totally loving the phone.

Just that off late, my phone 'nuked'. Well, it sort of went on an infinite reboot loop. Now after reading up on how to fix it, I realised I needed to use the AppLoader to reinstall the Device Software.

Now I have downloaded the Desktop Manager v6.1 and also the correct Device Software (I found out the precise one for my country and carrier and phone model) from the BB website. It is even the correct OS, ie. 7.xx.xxx

Now for some strange reason, my Desktop Manager, the AppLoader and BBSAK all refuse to detect the software. They all come up with the same error message saying the device software could not be found on the system.

I tried installing the same on another Windows computer (I am using a Windows Vista aswell) and it didn't get detected there aswell.

I had a BBCurve 8520 before this one and that worked like a charm.

I haev uninstalled everything related to that but this is still not working.

Also, when I plug in my 9860 and start the Desktop Manager, it gets detected just fine and syncs aswell but nothing shows up under the Applicaitons tab. It loads for a while, but then nothing gets detected. I remember seeing all the core applications there when I was using the 8520.

Please help me out here. I really need the Device Software to get detected so that I can add/remove stuff later on.

This issue has been bothering me from the first day, and this is not a development post the BB nuked issue.

Thanks a lot.