Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
g32turbo
My Device: Curve 9320 and Torch 9800 and Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Device Switch Problem

I've been trying to transfer my Vodafone account from my Curve to a Torch 9800 using the "Device Switch" facility in Desktop software. On completion the message on the Torch screen says that the back up was corrupt. I've tried this operation numerous times on two different laptops using Windows 8 and Windows Vista OS's so suspect it's either a handset or Desktop software issue.

The Torch handset is not new, it was previously used on the O2 network but was never locked. I've carried out a handset security wipe and a return to factory settings using desktop software before attempting the switch.

After trying the device switch, even though it said it was corrupt, most functionality works but on trying to set up my email I get either of the following problems.

1. Using the setup icon I am asked for an Enterprise account address and password. As I use BIS not BES I am assuming this is of no use to me. When exiting the setup screen the phone freezes needing a power off to get back to the main screen.

2. If I try the activate the email account from the "Options" menu within the individual email account folder I get the message "unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider "

I've tried Vodafones support forums and they suggest it is a handset software issue.

Any help in resolving this problem would be much appreciated. I'll also post this same message in the "Desktop Software" forum

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device Switch Problem

Go to your phone's browser and type www.blackberry.com/integrate

Let us know if that helps. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
g32turbo

Thanks for such a quick response.

Excuse me for being a bit thick here, but at what point would I use the link you provided. Would it be after reattempting the device switch and fitting the Vodafone SIM or could I just fit my SIM straight into the phone and use the link using wifi?

Cheers, Tony

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
g32turbo

Managed to use the suggested online setup without using device switch, worked a treat, Thanks for all your help

Please use plain text.